Wednesday, November 5, 2008

He He Again

Compared to when I lived with a host family in Osaka there are some things I like better about living alone.

The best by far is the bath.  When you are the third to take a bath with five people in the family, you tend to keep an eye on what time it is.  You relax, but there is the ever impending thought, "Oh I'd better get out so that X has enough time."  

But alone, I can just sit in there for as long as I want.  There is no one else.  And it really is a waste to draw all that water to only sit in it for 15 minutes.  You really need to stay in until it cools down to a medium level.  There are bathless kids in Africa, after all.

And thus I have discovered a new way to determine when it is time to get out of the bath:  When I am so relaxed I'm about to lose control of my bladder, it's time to leave.  

Thank you.

No comments: