Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Pictures of Nanakan

Here are the pictures you've been waiting for.  Look for videos later, when I have fast internet.

View from the window near my desk in the teachers' room.

The trees in my 'backyard'.

Finally, you get to see the outside of my apartment.  Not a bad color.  The green car there is mine.


One more picture from my tatami room.


So you might think this is just picturesque.  But they actually use that broom.  It is not a lawn ornament.
Ah yes, you sickly trees, I missed you.

A palm tree.  There are some here, it's definitely hot enough.  But I think they need to be imported or are just more expensive, because they do not make up a large portion of the landscape like I thought they would.





That isn't grass, it's rice.  Sticky rice.




1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi Kate,
Wish you could have fixed our dryer! We found out the streaking is coming from the strip around the inside of the drum. New washer and dryer arrive on Saturday. Never give up, never surrender! :) Mom