Monday, September 15, 2008

Hello Kate is in Ameripan!


Say hello to my new friends and my favorite weekend.  I really didn't spend all weekend watching house.  In fact, I did a very enviable thing.  I saw the new Hayao Miyazaki film which just came out in theaters in Japan.  It is Gake no ue no Ponyo.  I highly recommend it.  Ha ha I saw it first!

I also got to hang out with the girls who are in Tamana-gun (machi = town, shi = city; gun = county).  We went to the movie and shopping.  I got a lot of new stuff for my apartment.  Plants, mop, broom, new rugs for the bathroom and toilet.   And hangers.  Lots and lots of hangers.

But by far the best thing was that I found Mountain Dew that tastes like Mountain Dew.  In 2002 in Osaka, Mountain Dew tasted like half Dew, half sprite.  Now there is a slight difference, but it's close enough for me!  Horray.  And I bought two kinds of Pringles that are not in the US.  The one in the picture is Extreme Cheese.  Sorry Deborah.

And last night I saw the biggest spider I have ever seen.  Body and legs were larger than my hand.  The body was around the size of a tennis ball, maybe a bit smaller.  I had nightmares about being surrounded by large ugly spiders.  I'm surprised I didn't die of fright.

Sweat dreams!

4 comments:

Mom said...

Kate, I've been looking at all of the empty hangers in your closet and wondering if I should send you some. Glad you stocked up! Mom

Danielle said...

Oh my God...I hope the spider wasn't in your house.

OK, you found the Dew...but what about the Cherry Coke?

Anonymous said...

Again, you really find a way to put things in perspective for me. I found a small dead roach next to our window today and almost fainted. That little guy pales in comparison to your spider. I think Matt would have had a heart attack on the spot.

kati kyushu said...

Well Danielle, no Cherry Coke. I was prepared. And it hasn't been that bad. Actually, between getting sick after my surgery for about a month and then coming here in summer when all I wanted to drink was water and I didn't want to eat much, I lost some of my taste for pop. I usually only have it on weekends now.