Monday, August 18, 2008

Snow Fox on the road

Hello to the opening of my blog. If you had asked me a few months ago if this day would ever come, I would have defied time and replied it wouldn't. And even if I had lied, I just couldn't have known. If you had asked me a year ago, I would have called you a liar and truly believed it.

I am going to Japan. The return trip I never imagined possible and yet prayed for every moment. I have a 10,000 yen bill in my wallet that I never thought I would get to spend. I saved it five years ago when I left my exchange school and returned to the US. That bill only ever left my wallet when I would hold it up to the light so see the water mark.

I will miss all of the people in my life so much. But there is no job in America for me. I want to thank everyone who helped make this possible. The doctors, the nurses, my physical therapist, my not so physical therapist, my family, and my friends.

But especially, I would like to thank Deb - Deborah to the rest of you. You are amazing. The most trustworthy, stalwart, accepting, fun-loving person I have ever met. You didn't know how to help, so you just stood by my side, waiting for me to pull my head out of my ass (sorry little children, this blog is not for you :)

I go forward
step after step
raising my eyes toward the sky

Always to remember
the time before
with a smile

Never forgetting
the people who led
my feet to the path once again.

Kate

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Good luck. Sucks that we didn't get to meet up for a quick drink or something before you left! Oh, and CHECK YOUR EMAIL REGULARLY!!

Unknown said...

Hey Kate! Good luck with your new teaching position over in Japan. Keep us updated and I'll let you know once I have figured out some dates for me to come over and visit you. You can pick the ones that work best for you!

-Pete

John K said...

Kate, I found your blog! Nice pictures. It was good to talk to you last night. I'm sure your stomach will settle down. I'm proud of you. Love, Dad